Silly little things

Good morning! I slept in today because when I woke up at 5 I had a pounding headache. So I turned my alarm off and went back to sleep. But, here I am, at the computer reading and writing at 8 am, better late than never. I have both of my girls out here with me this morning, and Avery is helping me write my post today. 

I read her the passage from bible gateway this morning and she kept saying "Good, good." as I was reading it. It was pretty cute. Feel free to read the whole passage but here are a few of the verses from today:
1 Peter 3:8-9
Called to Blessing
8 Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous;[a] 9 not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. 
I have to agree with Avery, it is a good passage. :) It goes along with yesterdays post really well I think! It is kind of the flip side of yesterday though, rather than suffering with a good attitude, its saying to be a blessing because you're called to be a blessing. What is your favorite way to bless others?

I try to listen when the Spirit leads me. For me it's usually just a nudge... a passing thought that if I pay attention to its just a sweet little idea to bless someones day. Like for instance, on more than one occasion I have been planning to stop for coffee and God will bring someone to mind so I message them or their husband to find out what drink they prefer, and bring them a hot tasty surprise from whatever coffee shop I was at. It is a small, inexpensive, quick and easy way to bless someone. It's like no inconvenience to me, but it makes someone's day.

Recently, I had been craving rotisserie chicken for weeks. No reason, just really wanted some chicken. (I've had 4 since then. No, not all on my own.) Randomly, someone from church stopped at our house with a rotisserie chicken. They didn't ask if we needed anything, I didn't tell them I had been craving one, they didn't announce they were even coming over. So a $5 chicken was a HUGE DEAL to me, because I had been craving it. I hadn't even prayed about it. But God knew the desires of my heart and brought it to my doorstep!! He wants to bless us!



And He uses us to bless others.

Does the Spirit nudge you? Do you recognize it when He does? Do you listen? Do you realize that that is what that is? Are you allowing Him to use you? If Shirley had ignored that nudge, I wouldn't have gotten a rotisserie chicken, which sounds so silly, but guys, it was a big deal. That simple gesture you make for someone else may seem silly to you but it could be exactly what they needed that day. It could be what lets them know that God does hear them. It could be what lets them know that Jesus loves them and wants them to have even the silly little things they need. It may be what lets them know they're not alone. It may help them make it through a tough day. And it may be nothing to you but it may be everything to them.

Try to pay attention to that little voice that pops a silly idea in your head. It may not be a silly idea at all.

See ya'll tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts