inconvenience

Good morning lovelies. It's Wednesday! Yesterday was interesting. I typed my whole post out, grabbed the link, posted it to facebook, and forgot to actually publish my post on the blog. So. That was fun... I'll try not to do that again!

Did anyone have any opportunities to serve yesterday? That's almost a dangerous prayer to pray.... you know? Because if you pray that with an honest heart, there will be opportunities, and will you follow through with it? Because it isn't convenient always, is it?

Yesterday, I was having coffee with my friends, and an opportunity to serve kind of bulldozed through my living room... That's probably an accurate description... We'll see... more on that later. It is a big thing and I haven't even had a chance to tell my husband about it. So sorry, he gets to weigh in on that first. 😉😘 I'll just let you know that I am looking into the idea and taking steps to see what to do about it. 👍

Well everyone, this morning I read Isaiah 53:1-12 as the lent passage for the day. You can find the entire passage here but this is the part that made me think:

Isaiah 53:1-3
53 Who has believed our report?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2 For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant,
And as a root out of dry ground.
He has no form or comeliness;
And when we see Him,
There is no beauty that we should desire Him.
3 He is despised and rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.
And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.

Man, Jesus was not popular. He still isn't. He isn't desirable. He is still despised... and following Him is not the popular thing to do either... It's inconvenient. It makes your life harder sometimes. It's more than just being a good person, or going to church Sundays. It's a relationship, a real live, current, present tense thing you have to develop daily. If you don't pursue the relationship, there is only so much He can do. I mean, yes, He's a miracle worker... but you have to want it too.

Have you ever been in a one sided relationship? Where you were the only one who put in any effort? And the other person was just take take take all the time? That's not healthy, that's no relationship I would want to be in. Trust me, if you haven't been the give give give until you break person, you don't want to be!! Why on earth do we do that to our Savior? He gave it all. Our relationship is supposed to be like a marriage right?

In marriage, it's not 50/50, it's 100/100. You both have to be giving everything for it to be successful. And even then it's still hard! You still have to work at it. Is it not the same way with Christ? Give Him your all and He will give you His? Except, there are no if conditions with Jesus. He loves you 100% whether you give 100% or 50% or 10%. He loves you that much. But to have the benefits of a relationship with Him, you have to be contributing to the relationship.

Just food for thought. Till tomorrow! 💕


Comments

Popular Posts