I don't know about you guys but I am SO glad the sun has finally started coming up earlier. I know daylight savings is just around the corner to screw that all up for us but for now, it's nice! I have a much easier time getting Avery motivated in the morning with the sky getting lighter.

Random Morning from August 2017

This seemed like such a long winter to me. And it's obviously not over yet... high of 48 today which is the warmest in the 10 day forecast... Tomorrow there's a chance of snow. Not happy about that. So gross.

 My sweet baby is getting her 6 month checkup today. She was 6 months a few weeks ago, but the appointment is today. Hopefully her shots don't make her feel too yucky. I hate when she doesn't feel well. I was barely able to put her down yesterday because she's having tummy trouble and just wanted mama.

I wish I was a Daddy's girl in the way that she's a mama's girl. As in my heavenly Daddy... I wish I could just want to spend all day resting in His arms to feel better. My face buried in His chest, just soaking up His comfort. In reality I tend to want to try to solve my own problems. I pray, sure, and ask for His guidance... but how many times do I just spend all day soaking up His goodness? Uhhhh probably not ever... Hmm... Just food for thought.

Food is my favorite.... except for fish, which I hate, and bread, which I can't eat. (Because gluten, and I do miss it terribly...) So speaking of food...
John 6: 10-14
10 Then Jesus said, “Make the people sit down.” Now there was much grass in the place. So the men sat down, in number about five thousand. 11 And Jesus took the loaves, and when He had given thanks He distributed them to the disciples, and the disciples[a] to those sitting down; and likewise of the fish, as much as they wanted. 12 So when they were filled, He said to His disciples, “Gather up the fragments that remain, so that nothing is lost.” 13 Therefore they gathered them up, and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves which were left over by those who had eaten. 14 Then those men, when they had seen the sign that Jesus did, said, “This is truly the Prophet who is to come into the world.”
Just before this passage, in verse 5 as a test, Jesus asks Philip how they're going to feed all these people. Philip says that 200 denarii isn't enough... a quick google search tells me that 200 denarii is about $14,500 today... So... wow. Good thing we have Jesus to take care of us.

How many times has He stretched your resources? Or provided for you unexplainably? (Spell check is telling me that isn't a word, but it is the one I want to use. So spell check can shut up. Mmmk?)  I can think of a few times He has for me, and for my family. I know of stories where He has for my parents when I was little. There is always enough, sometimes just enough, sometimes more than enough, but our needs are always met because Jesus takes care of us.

I keep telling you all to comment and no one is... but I'd really love to hear stories of how God provided for you when you didn't have an explanation for it. If you don't want to comment here on the blog, feel free to message it to me and I will post it for you anonymously.

See you all tomorrow. 💘

Comments

Popular Posts