paying attention

Hey! Happy Tuesday... I've got more planned to do today than I have hours for... such is life. Hubby enjoyed his first day at the new job. He was gone from home nearly 12 hours. And he will be gone over 13 hours today. I miss him already but that's a good thing, right?? And after tomorrow he'll be close to overtime with 2 days left to work in the week. That'll be a huge blessing.

Side note if anyone has free time Saturday and would be interested (willing) to help drywall a room, let me know! There will be chili and white chicken chili provided for your labors, and my undying affection. And maybe some cornbread.

I'm doing the thing again where I sit here and look around at all my things to do and I can't focus. Blah. Ok. Bringing it back in. Wow I'm all over the place this morning. How is it 6 already?? Ha!

Today I read the reading plan in NKJV and needed to read NIV to help me understand. Here are both versions for your reading pleasure:

Isaiah 52:13-15 (NKJV)
The Sin-Bearing Servant
13 Behold, My Servant shall deal prudently;
He shall be exalted and extolled and be very high.
14 Just as many were astonished at you,
So His visage was marred more than any man,
And His form more than the sons of men;
15 So shall He sprinkle[startle] many nations.
Kings shall shut their mouths at Him;
For what had not been told them they shall see,
And what they had not heard they shall consider. 
Isaiah 52:13-15 (NIV)
The Suffering and Glory of the Servant
13 See, My Servant will act wisely[will prosper];
    He will be raised and lifted up and highly exalted.
14 Just as there were many who were appalled at Him[c]—
    His appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any human being
    and His form marred beyond human likeness—
15 so He will sprinkle many nations,[so will many nations be amazed at Him]
    and kings will shut their mouths because of Him.
For what they were not told, they will see,
    and what they have not heard, they will understand.
So the Servant is Jesus, yes? All of this came true and a lot of it is kind of happening again, right? He was raised and highly exalted. He was beaten so badly on the way to the cross that he was disfigured more than any man, many nations were amazed at Him, and I'm sure when He comes again on the clouds He will amaze many more. (Also the word sprinkle means amaze? So sprinkles are amazing? That's how they got their name? I think that's adorable. And now I want dessert.)

What they were not told, they will see, and what they have not heard, they will understand. I feel like that's the part that's still coming.

Jesus is the Servant. We are called to be servants too.. We are presented with opportunities daily to serve others. Do we take advantage of those opportunities? Do we do things for others because it will help others, or because we get something out of it too? Hmm.. Pay attention today... There will be several chances to help someone and get nothing out of it in return. Listen to that still small voice. Act on it quickly, because that's the Spirit prompting you. It may be as simple as holding the door for someone, or buying the next guy's coffee in the drive thru... Maybe its more than that.

God, give us the opportunities today to serve others, so that we can serve You. Help them see You through us. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts