quit fighting


Slow start this morning. Bring on the coffee! I forgot to get up when my alarm went off. As in, I turned it off and planned to get up... but just laid there.. OOPS! That'll set ya back. Luckily it was only 30 minutes before I realized what happened. The next 30 minutes were wasted trying to get set up to read this morning and then Maddie woke up and started being a fussy crazy baby, you know, the usual... So here it is, 6 am, and I'm just getting started. Eeek!

Have you ever found yourself asking why good things happen to bad people, or why bad things happen to good people? I don't usually say it out loud but I have wondered that at least once or twice over the years. (Lordie I didn't realize I was old enough to say over the years...) I feel like I have the best intentions, and I can plan for a situation until every minute is coordinated and organized. But I am obviously not in control of the outcome of any situation. Most of the time our outcomes depend on a lot more than ourselves.

This mornings reading plan was Psalm 109:5-6. I don't know who picks these things. Seriously, what do you get out of this except curiosity? Maybe that's the point... to get you wanting to read more. Anyway here it is:
5 Thus they have rewarded me evil for good,
And hatred for my love.
6 Set a wicked man over him,
And let an accuser[satan] stand at his right hand.
Seriously... What are they talking about? And so again, I went back to figure out the context... and wowza this one.... Ya don't have to go back very far for it to pack a real punch....

Psalm 109:1-6
1 Do not keep silent,
O God of my praise!
2 For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful
Have opened against me;
They have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
3 They have also surrounded me with words of hatred,
And fought against me without a cause.
4 In return for my love they are my accusers,
But I give myself to prayer.
5 Thus they have rewarded me evil for good,
And hatred for my love.
6 Set a wicked man over him,
And let an accuser[satan] stand at his right hand.

I know it's written by David, but for it to end up in THE BIBLE I would think there is truth behind it right? SOOOO This for me is conformation that when I find myself in this situation, I'm not the only one whose been there, and ALSO, I can hand it over in prayer and let God handle it.  That's the best way to do it! God has a lot more practice in the vindication department than I do.... Not that I want vindication... Just that, He's better than I am at it... So the best thing to do is to let God deal with situations for you.

If you hold on to anger, even if it's righteous anger when someone wrongs you or whatever, it seriously eats you up. You constantly focus on that situation and how it didn't go how you wanted. But God is not an idiot... He knows when people speak against you with a lying tongue... He knows what type of mouth they have. Your best bet to fight that battle is to quit fighting! It releases the burden from your back and puts it on to Jesus. He already told you He can carry that for you in Matthew 11:30. Let Him handle it so you can get on with your life. If you don't, and you try to get over it by yourself, they're still winning, because they've moved on but you're still angry.

Give it to Jesus, get on with your life, focus on the future. Take the next step. Listen. Focus. Live. 💘

Comments

Popular Posts